NORMALLY SHIPS IN 2-3 BUSINESS DAYS - PLEASE CHECK STOCK AVAILABILITY WITH ME BEFORE PLACING YOUR ORDER!!!
Building on the success of the original Ultravid HD, Leica's Ultravid HD-Plus Binoculars add improved technologies and materials to create an optic with bright and clear images across the entire field of view. The HD-Plus binoculars deliver enhanced contrast and true color fidelity, with virtually zero distortion, even in low-light conditions.
Leica upgraded the glass to specially formulated SCHOTT HT glass, which increases light transmission especially in the blue-violet light band, improves color fidelity, and enhances low-light performance. Scratch- and abrasion-resistant High Durable Coating (HDC) and hydrophobic AquaDura coating on the outer lenses protect surfaces and cause water and oil to bead off for easier cleaning and clearer vision. The roof prisms feature P40 phase correction and proprietary High Lux System (HLS) coatings. These coatings virtually eliminate chromatic aberration for enhanced color rendition and increased contrast.
Complementing the optical performance are uncompromising construction details. To reduce user fatigue during long glassing sessions, the chassis is made of a lightweight yet durable magnesium alloy, with a titanium center hinge axle. The optical tubes are nitrogen filled for fogproof performance and sealed to make the binoculars submersible to 16.4' or 0.5 bar of pressure. Ergonomic thumb indents on the bottom of the binoculars coupled with protective rubber armoring provide a comfortable slip-resistant grip. A lubrication-free focus system provides fast and precise focusing, with PETP-Discs to provide smooth movement throughout the broad operating temperature range.
- 7x, 8x, 10x and 12x magnification
- 32mm, 42mm and 50mm objective lens diameters
- Compact roof prism optical path
- High-quality SCHOTT HT glass increases light transmission, especially in the blue-violet band, improves color fidelity, and enhances low-light performance
- P40 and proprietary High Lux System (HLS) prism coatings
- High-temperature plasma lens coating depositing system for precise optical coating placement
- Phase-corrected prisms reduce chromatic aberration for enhanced color rendition
- Scratch- and abrasion-resistant High Durable Coating (HDC) and hydrophobic AquaDura coating on outer lenses protect surfaces and cause water and oil to bead off lenses for easier cleaning and clearer vision in bad weather
Use and Handling
- Lubricant-free center focus system with PETP-Discs provides smooth movement throughout the operating temperature range
- ±4 right-eye dioptric correction
- Locking center diopter adjustment wheel
- Twist-out two-stage click-stop eyecups
- Flip-down tethered objective lens caps
- Tripod mountable with optional adapter
- Light and durable magnesium chassis
- Titanium center hinge axle
- Slip-resistant protective rubber-armored body
- Nitrogen filled, fogproof and watertight to 16.5'/0.5 bar pressure
- Broad -13 to 131°F operating temperature
- Ergonomic thumb rests for added comfort and a better grip