The Monovid 8 x 20 with 8x magnification fits in your pocket. It is light, robust, and brilliantly easy to use, making it the perfect take-anywhere companion. Naturally, it is also a choice among all who appreciate elegantly designed, high-quality optics. Thanks to its accessory close-up lens, you can view objects at distances as close as 10 –12 in. Simply screwing this accessory to the front lens produces a macro effect that lets you identify even the finest structures. When not in use, the lens can be safely stored in the leather case provided. Featuring an outstanding lens with spectacular resolution, Leica’s Monovid delivers optimal images every time.
The Monovid's 8x optical system features a phase-corrected roof prism and lenses with HDC and AquaDura coatings, to maximize light transmission and deliver a bright, sharp image. Inside the Monovid's cylindrical leather carry case there's a special pocket for a very special attachment – a close-up lens that allows 8x magnification at distances as close as 9.8". Its aluminum housing is nitrogen-filled to prevent internal fogging in any climate, and it is sufficiently watertight to withstand being submerged to a depth of more than 16 feet with no ill effects.
- 8x magnification
- 20mm objective lens
- Roof prism with P40 phase correction coating
- AquaDura & HDC optical coatings maximize light transmission and repel water and dirt
Use and Handling
- 331' Field of view at 1000 yards
- Close-up accessory lens: focuses to 9.8"
- Twist-up eyecup accommodates eyeglasses
- Comfortable 15mm eye relief
- Submersible to 16'/5.0 m
- Nitrogen-purged aluminum housing is fogproof in any climate
- Internal focusing via central focusing knob
- Leather case with silent magnetic fastener and close-up lens compartment