PLEASE NOTE - the 1.8x extender ONLY works on the ANGLED BODY
Offering superb optical performance in a lightweight and easy-to-manage package, the APO-Televid 82 Spotting Scope from Leica delivers brilliant insights into nature that are rich in detail and contrast. Its high-performance optics and compact form factor make it a natural choice for digiscoping as well as conventional viewing—there's a special camera adapter that allows the viewer to convert the Televid into a high-powered telephoto lens for long-range photographic applications.
The optical system of the APO-Televid 82 combines apochromatic optics with fluoride glass and a substantial 82 mm objective to bring a significant increase in light throughput to the viewing experience. From dawn till dusk, the APO-Televid reveals astounding intimate high-resolution views of flora, fauna, and vistas.
This APO-Televid 82 features angled viewing that's favored for rapid subject location. The optional 25-50x WW aspherical eyepiece is highly recommended as a matching ocular for this scope, as its wide FOV delivers a wrap-around viewing experience that pairs well with the refined optics of the Televid scope.
Leica's legendary optical performance becomes quite apparent when viewing through the APO-Televid 82. Apochromatic color-accuracy, fluoride lenses for startling high-contrast imaging, full multi-coating throughout the system, and the addition of Leica's proprietary AquaDura protective coatings all combine to produce scenic wonder without compromise.
The die-cast housing is constructed from a lightweight magnesium alloy for its
remarkable strength and rigidity. The exterior is covered in a non-reflective matte-black rubber armoring for a bit of shock/impact resiliency and a positive tactile grip in all types of weather. The scope also features a rotating tripod collar that brings a not-so-subtle increase in versatility when positioning the APO-Televid 82 for digiscoping purposes.
- Optically neutral front lens protects the APO optics
- Water- and dust-repellent hydrophobic AquaDura lens coatings
- Apochromatic fully multi-coated color-corrected optical system
- Fluoride glass lenses for enhanced color fidelity and contrast
- Robust black rubber armored die-cast magnesium housing
- Sealed optical system is waterproof to a depth of 17.0'/5.0 m
Use and Handling
- Objective: 82 mm
- Rotating tripod collar with detented click stops
- Dual focus system with microfocusing is precise and intuitive
- Retractable lens hood with built-in peepsight for rapid subject location